Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My dream job!

me..this is what I look like listening to my voicemail (ha ha ha)...in NYC (soho)...in September

I love NYC, the second I saw the night skyline...as I entered the city in the taxi!
Not to mention...I have grown up designing clothes....for hours, as a little girl I would draw whole season collections of clothes.

My mom was at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising when she was pregnant with me...and gave up her dreams of becoming a fashion designer, to be the most amazing mom I could ever be blessed with.

When me and my mom were in NYC, I made sure we went to Bryant Park...where NY Fashion Week has been held in the past...
(mama in front of Bryant Park)
my special prayer for my mom, is that someday her dreams of designing will come true...

Well.......fast forward from NYC to LAST WEEK!!!!

I get a message from the wonderful, Kelly Kirby...asking if I'd like to cover backstage interviews at FASHION WEEK in NYC!!!!

INSERT: huge amounts of heart palpitations and wanting to do back flips (if I knew how)

MIRABELLA Cosmetics (an awesome line of make-up created by a make-up artist, who's worked with huge companies like Estee Lauder- the queen of cosmetics, Saks, and Nordstroms)...
would be the official make-up for the Richie Rich (of Heatherette fame) show and the very last show of fashion week.....(right after GWEN STEFANI's LAMB show on friday the 17th)..the IVANA HELSINKI show!
I would get to interview the make-up artist, models, and show you what fashion week is like behind the scenes!

Not to mention I got invited to the a Fashion Week party at Patricia Field's store too! (how I would love to see what new treasures she has!)
(NOT that I could afford these....but please look at the awesome-ness of these wild shoes! I would just frame them! ha ha ha)
AND...
 I just had a baby 2 weeks ago! Why couldn't fashion week have been 2 months ago or 2 months from now?  ha ha ha ha...I wouldn't trade these moments with baby for a thousand fashion weeks though!

CLICK here to see just how much my baby means to me...and how easy it was to give up fashion week for her!~ www.kandeeland.com

This is would have been my dream job....NYC, fashion week, showing you guys make-up and hair, and what other people don't get to see...all done Kandee-style....
oh this would have been soooooooo, fun, I can't even...don't even...have words!

My heart was sooo sad as I typed Kelly the text, saying I couldn't go...!

well...at least there's a fashion week every year...I won't have a precious newborn to hold every year....but I'm pretty sure there will be another fashion week again!

huge love and fashion...your friend,
KANDEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment